On-demand video service is the ongoing Trend in the internet market. American video streaming services – Netflix & Amazon Prime are roughly a few years old in many countries but have already begun to run profitably.
The success of Amazon Prime & Netflix in the West is primarily driven by the original content, since pretty much everything else is available on either YouTube (which also recently entered the live TV streaming industry) or other online video streaming services.
Also, the subscription plans should be designed in a manner that they cater needs of a wide range of viewers, and seem light on the pocket for all.
Additionally, a video streaming website/app is a rather resource consuming platform; thus, extra efforts are required to ensure a seamless performance (despite weak network signals) and robustness (despite the load of concurrent users) of the system.
To take care of these concerns, it is important that you outsource your video streaming web project to an agency that is competent enough to handle such projects & experienced enough to deliver a rich user experience to the web audience.
Some of features list related to platform like Netflix:
• Submit Video/Post: allow visitors to submit posts
• Various Video Network supported: use direct link from YouTube, Vimeo,
Daily Motion, Facebook, Twitch, supports all kinds of embed link or direct
• Video Series: build a movie database with multi-episode series
• Video Playlist: create a video playlist easily
• Video Channel: setup channels of videos
• Live Video supported: catch the future of live videos
• Import Videos from YouTube, Vimeo’s channels: support CCB and
• Floating Player: watch video while browsing other content
• Video Actors: promote movie stars
• Video Screenshots: view video screenshots before watching
• Video Lightbox: watch video without opening new page
• Support Social Locker: earn likes and shares for your content
• Video Player logic: extend your video player functions, such as adding rolling
• Filter Videos and Advanced Search feature: filter videos based on various
• Video Rating: allow admin and users to rate content
• Watch Later: allow users to add videos to Watch Later list
• External Link: promote affiliated content with External Link
• Tons of video-related features
• Customizable: change color, typo, background for every part of the page
• Advertisement: offer various pre-defined locations to place ads
• Membership features
• Download Video: a small button for a big job
• Search: instant search content
• Support Age Verify plugin: verify your audience’s age for adult content
• SoundCloud customization: customize SoundCloud player easily
• Powerful shortcodes: Smart Content Box and Posts Slider
• Hundreds of theme options
• 5 widget styles
• Loading content, optimized speed
• 3 Page Layout: wide, inbox, full-width
• 2 Header Layouts and 2 Color Schemas
• 3 Blog Layouts
• 2 Video Layouts
Mobility, another significant reason, where the television is apparently lacking. As per the statistics, more than half of the videos is being watched on a mobile device. As per the Ericsson Mobility Report, mobile video streaming application will continue to grow by more than 50% per year until 2020.
The various benefits include:
- Video Sharing
- Storage Facility
- Easy Multitasking
- Video Streaming
The approximate cost of developing an app like Netflix is around $10,000 to $25,000 per platform.
You can always find estimation of an App on : AppCosting , based on features you want to get incorporated
Disclaimer: Source of the information/images may be ownership or copyright of others. Here main intention is just to share information about the concept to the people. The 3rd party trademarks, logos and screenshots of the websites and mobile applications are property of their respective owners, we are not directly associated with most of them.